Did You Know?

The Firm shares in the cost of your medical expenses. “Coinsurance” is the percentage you must pay out of pocket for a covered health care service after you’ve met your annual deductible. If your coinsurance is 20%, the Plan pays 80% of the cost, and you’re responsible for the remaining 20%. Although you pay only a portion of the cost, that doesn’t mean you can’t continue to save.

Choosing a health care provider based on quality and cost can reduce your out-of-pocket medical expenses. For example, if the cost of a visit to an in-network primary care doctor can range from $57 to $110, and your share is only 20%, you could end up paying from $11.40 up to $22 for that service. Furthermore, a chest X-ray can range from $114 to $569, meaning you could pay from $22.80 up to $113.80.

This entry was posted in . Bookmark the permalink.