When you enroll in benefits, your elections generally are irrevocable for the entire plan year (January 1 through December 31). During the year, you may only change your elections due to a special situation referred to as a Qualified Life Event.
Qualified life events include:
- Marriage, divorce or legal separation
- Birth, adoption, or placement for adoption of a child
- Gain or loss of domestic partnership
- Gain or loss of legal custody
- A change in your, your spouse’s, or your domestic partner’s employment status or other available coverage, as well as certain plan cost or coverage changes
If you have a Qualified Life Event and are eligible to make changes to your benefits, you must contact HR Services within 31 days of the Qualified Life Event. See the Health Benefits and Insurance SPD for more information.