Primary caregivers may take up to 16 weeks of continuous paid time off – or choose to break up the time off for increased flexibility:
- Weeks 1 to 8 must be taken immediately following the birth, adoption or foster care placement
- Weeks 9 through 16 may now be taken continuously or intermittently in at least 2 week increments within the first 12 months of the event. The scheduling of the intermittent leave is subject to business needs and requires manager approval
* Wealth Management and Wealth Management Operations employees must have completed 1 year of service with Morgan Stanley at the time of the birth, adoption or foster placement to be eligible as a “primary caregiver” under the Paid Parental Leave policy.
Non-primary caregivers are eligible for paid time off, which must be taken immediately following the birth, adoption or foster care placement:
- 4 weeks of paid time off for employees with at least 1 year of service at the time of the event
- 1 week of paid time off for employees with less than 1 year of service at the time of the event