Express Scripts manages Morgan Stanley’s prescription drug program for Medical Plan Options A, B and C through Cigna and UnitedHealthcare.
Express Scripts is the country’s largest independent manager of pharmacy benefits, serving more than 85 million people. With Express Scripts, you have flexibility and choice in how you receive your medications — pick them up at your neighborhood pharmacy, have them delivered or, depending on where you live, use Capsule Pharmacy’s free, same-day delivery service. Whichever option you choose, Express Scripts will ensure you and your family get your medications quickly and conveniently.
Note: Express Scripts began administering the prescription drug program in 2021. All prescription drug benefit plan features remain the same, including maintenance drug requirements (see below), copays and deductibles.
Tips to Help You Use Your Pharmacy Benefit
Share Your Medical and Prescription Drug ID Card
Present your ID card to your pharmacists and doctors so they have your correct prescription drug plan information on file.
Note: You will receive a combined medical and prescription drug ID card from Cigna or UnitedHealthcare upon enrollment in the Medical Plan. If you do not or need a replacement card, print it from mycigna.com or myuhc.com or request another be mailed to you.
Register for the Express Scripts Site
Create your account at express-scripts.com and then:
- Review your current refills and medication history .
- Sign up for home delivery of maintenance medications and save with a three-month supply.
- Enter your credit card information to be stored on file for future orders.
Note: Express Scripts also has a convenient mobile app.
Express Scripts Features
Express Scripts offers several enhancements for you, your family, friends and even your pets:
- Extended payment program lets you split the cost of home-delivery medications over 3 months (select this option when paying for a medication on the Express Scripts website).
- Family and friends discounts. Express Scripts’ Inside Rx savings card provides your family and friends who do not have insurance with instant savings on brand and generic medications at 60,000 participating retail pharmacies including Costco, CVS, Kroger, Rite Aid, Walgreens, Walmart and many more.
- Savings on human drugs to treat pets. Present your Inside Rx Pets savings card at 60,000 participating pharmacies and save an average of 15% off brands and 77% off generics.
- Free, same-day delivery of medications by Capsule Pharmacy in many metro areas and suburbs. Also, enjoy a 10% discount on over-the-counter medications. To see if Capsule services your area, enter your ZIP code.
Under Morgan Stanley’s prescription drug program, maintenance medications must be filled in a three-month supply through Express Scripts Home Delivery, CVS or Capsule Pharmacy. Maintenance medications are those you take regularly – and filling them in a higher quantity lowers your out-of-pocket costs an average of 28% compared to a one-month supply. If you do not transition to a three-month supply at one of the designated network pharmacies after three one-month fills, you’ll pay 100% of the cost of the drug starting with the fourth fill – and the cost will not count toward your annual deductible or out-of-pocket maximum.
Express Scripts’ Smart90 program not only saves you money, but also gives you three convenient ways to get the prescription drugs you take regularly:
- Have Express Scripts mail your medications to your home or office (no cost for standard mail);
- Pick up your prescription in person at a CVS pharmacy; or
- Use Capsule Pharmacy’s free same-day delivery service (available in certain metropolitan areas)