Paid Parental Leave (PPL) Policy
All parents may take up to 16 weeks of paid parental leave:
- May use up to 2 weeks before the child’s birth
- May split remaining time into 3 intervals — each must be at least 2 weeks
- All leave must be taken within 12 months of the child’s arrival
PARENTS WHO QUALIFY FOR MEDICAL LEAVE (SHORT-TERM DISABILITY)
Parents who qualify for medical leave may take 6-8 weeks of paid medical leave. It must be taken at one time, immediately following the birth.
Medical leave (short-term disability) for pregnancy is in addition to paid parental leave. Medical leave for pregnancy is typically:
- 8 weeks for those who deliver a baby by C-section, or
- 6 weeks for all other deliveries
Note: Paid parental leave begins after medical leave (short-term disability), resulting in at least 22 weeks of paid leave related to pregnancy.