Back-Up Child Day and Elder Care
When your regular child care arrangements fall through, take advantage of these programs, managed through Bright Horizons, which give you access to a national network of child care centers and in-home caregivers.
COVID-19 UPDATE: Bright Horizons child care centers and in-home caregivers are following enhanced health and safety protocols.
BACKUP CHILD CARE CENTERS
- To arrange for care at a local center in the Bright Horizons network, visit Bright Horizons’ website (login information below) or use the mobile app.
- The cost to you is $20 per day for one child, or $35 per day for two or more children.* The Firm subsidizes this amount.
- You are eligible for up to 30 days of care each year to use (includes child and/or adult care).
- You may reserve a space up to 30 days in advance.
- Most centers accommodate children aged 6 months to 12 years. The age range varies by state, so check with the care center you intend to use.
IN-HOME BACKUP CHILD CARE
As an alternative to dropping off your child at a Bright Horizons daycare center when your regular care arrangements fall through, you can arrange for a caregiver to come to your home. Pre-registration required.
- The cost for in-home care is $8 an hour,* with a 4-hour minimum and a 10-hour maximum each day. The Firm subsidizes the cost of care.
- If Bright Horizons cannot find an in-home caregiver in its network, you may arrange for “out-of-network” care yourself by a family member, neighbor, friend, regular babysitter, etc. — and be reimbursed $100 a day by Bright Horizons to cover that cost. You are responsible for all other costs associated with care beyond the $100 per diem.
*Note: Employees will see imputed income of $75 per child or adult per day of care on their last paycheck of the calendar year.
* * * * * * * * *
TOP REASONS FOR USING BACKUP CHILD CARE
- You need a break from balancing your work and managing your child’s at-home schooling.
- You have a new child (congratulations!) and need care while you transition back to a normal work schedule.
- Your child’s school or child care center is closed for a break, teacher in-service day or inclement weather.
- Your stay-at-home spouse is called in for jury duty or has an appointment.
- You’re in-between child care arrangements.
- Anytime your regular day care provider is temporarily unavailable.
* * * * * * * * *
It’s important to register in advance so that the program is available if you need last-minute care. Register now using any of the three options below.
- Visit the Bright Horizons website (username: MorganStanley; password: Benefits4You).
- Call 833-224-7075 for 24/7 support.
- Download the Back-up Care app. Search for Bright Horizons in the Apple App or Google Play Store.
Please watch this important video on your 2016 Morgan Stanley Benefits.