If you are prescribed a maintenance medication you must get a 90-day supply through home delivery or a participating retail pharmacy.
- Enrolling in home delivery or Smart90 is easy and it saves you time and money – and you reduce the risk of having a lapse in your treatment.
- Maintenance medications are any preventive prescriptions you take on an ongoing basis, such as medications for high blood pressure, high cholesterol or birth control.
- After three fills at a retail pharmacy , if you do not enroll in home delivery or Smart90, you will have to pay 100% of the cost of the medication starting with the 4th refill.
- The amount you pay will not count toward your deductible or out-of-pocket maximum.
- You will continue to pay the full cost of the drug until you enroll in home delivery or Smart90.
- If you currently take a maintenance medication or are prescribed one at any point, you will be notified by Express Scripts.