Health Savings Account:
- Even if you are contributing to an HSA in 2017, you must elect how much you want to contribute in 2018. Your HSA contribution election will revert to $0 if you do not make an election on the Benefit Center website.
- You may make changes to your HSA contribution election or choose to make a lump-sum contribution at any point during the year.
- Funds in your HSA at the end of 2017 will roll over to 2018.
Flexible Spending Accounts:
- Even if you are contributing to an FSA in 2017, you must elect a 2018 FSA contribution amount during Annual Enrollment.
- Use it or lose it: You must use all available funds in your account by December 31, 2017, or you forfeit any remaining funds.