- Coverage is guaranteed-issue, so you may qualify for coverage without having to answer health questions.
- Benefits are paid directly to you unless you choose otherwise – the money is yours to use as you please.
- Coverage is available for you, your spouse/domestic partner and dependent children. You must enroll yourself if you wish to cover your spouse or your children.
- Coverage is generally portable, so you can take it with you if you change jobs or retire.
- Most claims are paid in about four business days.
- Coverage is underwritten by Continental American Insurance Company (Aflac).
When Can You Purchase Coverage?
- During Annual Enrollment, typically held each fall
- Within 31 days following a Qualified Life Event (marriage, birth, adoption, etc.)*
- Within 31 days of joining the Firm or becoming US benefits eligible
*You may enroll in Aflac coverage as a result of the QLE. However, the coverage will only be effective from the effective date established by Aflac and will not be effective retroactively back to the date of the QLE.