Care.com’s Senior Care Planning Program
Caring for aging relatives can be overwhelming to navigate alone. At no cost to you, the Firm’s Senior Care Planning Program through Care.com helps you find quality adult and senior care services.
SENIOR CARE PLANNING PROGRAM
When you register for your complimentary premium Care.com account through the Firm, you’ll be able to work with Master’s degree-level social workers who can help you to develop customized elder care action plans, negotiate provider rates and even facilitate family meetings – all at no cost to you.
Care.com’s social workers and elder care professionals will:
- Refer you to elder care attorneys and financial, residential and health care planning resources for your loved one.
- Assist in coordinating care for a loved one who’s nearby or out of state.
- Help you find the right care when you need it, including companions to check in on your out-of-town parents on a weekly basis, local accountants to help them with their finances, or attorneys specializing in Medicare.
- Facilitate meetings with you and your family members to help you agree on care plans – from what type of care is needed to how to pay for it.
“Senior Sense” Blog:
February: We Are Not Our Parents’ Parents
May 7 (1-2pm EST): Important Resources for Family Caregivers
August 6 (1-2pm EST): Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia: Caregiving Challenges and Strategies
November 5 (1-2pm EST): Maximizing Quality of Life as You Age
Learn more about each session HERE
Use the web-based services at Care.com to search for caregivers based on the level of care needed, background checks, reviews and location.
- Senior housing
- Home care agencies
- Home care individuals
- Special needs caregivers
- Transportation needs
Care.com’s website also has a comprehensive senior care guide, helpful articles and many other resources.
DID YOU KNOW?
- There are several services that you can purchase in addition to your no-cost premium membership, including access to more robust background checks and Care.com’s HomePay and nanny tax-filing services.
- The Senior Care Planning Program can be used for any aging or disabled adult relative including your parents, grandparents, in-laws, spouses, partners, aunts and uncles.
- You can even use Care.com for your own future planning.