Finding last-minute care for your adult or senior relative doesn’t have to be a burden. With the backup care program managed by Bright Horizons, arrange for in-home care anywhere in the US when your regular caregiver is unavailable.
USE THE SERVICE WHEN:
- Your parents’ regular in-home care provider is out sick or on vacation.
- Your grandparents live out of state and need care.
- Your parents live with your sister and your sister needs a break.
- You or your spouse is recovering from an illness or injury and needs assistance.
HOW IT WORKS
- The cost for in-home care is $8 per hour, minimum four hours per day (4-hour minimum up to a 10-hour daily maximum).* The Firm subsidizes the cost of care.
- If Bright Horizons cannot find an in-home caregiver in its network, you may arrange for “out-of-network” care yourself by a family member, neighbor, friend, regular babysitter, etc. and be reimbursed $100 a day by Bright Horizons to cover that cost. You are responsible for all other costs associated with care beyond the $100 per diem.
- You are eligible for up to 30 days of care each year to use (includes in-home adult or child care and center-based child care).
- You may reserve back up in-home adult care up to 30 days in advance.
*Note: Employees will be charged imputed income at a rate of $75 per child or adult per day of care on their last paycheck of the calendar year.
It’s important to register in advance so that way the program is available if you need last-minute care. Register now using any of the three options below.
- Visit the Bright Horizons website (username: MorganStanley; password: Benefits4You).
- Call 833-224-7075 for 24/7 support.
- Download the Back-up Care app. Search for Bright Horizons in the Apple App or Google Play Store.
Through Care.com’s Senior Care Planning Program, you can work with Master’s degree-level social workers who can help you develop a customized elder care action plan, negotiate provider rates and even facilitate family meetings — all at no cost to you.