Backup In-Home Adult Care
To arrange for backup in-home care, call Bright Horizons at the number on the right. The cost is $8 per hour, with a minimum of 4 hours and a maximum of 10 hours per day. The Firm is pleased to subsidize the cost and gives each employee 30 days of adult and/or child care each year.
Bright Horizons has activated critical care through May 31, whereby you can select Critical Care as an option and arrange for care yourself through your own network: a neighbor, friend or babysitter, for instance. Bright Horizons will reimburse you $100 per day for such care.* This program is currently available through May 31.
- You may also arrange for backup out-of-network care for your child by a caregiver in your network of friends or family.
- You are responsible for all other costs associated with care beyond the $100 per diem.
- Each day of out of network care will count toward your yearly allotment of 30 uses.
Register today and complete your care profile so you’re ready to reserve care when you need it. You’ll receive more details when you reserve care.
Finding last-minute care for your adult or senior relative doesn’t have to be a burden. With the Firm’s backup care program managed by Bright Horizons, you can arrange for in-home care when your regular caregiver is unavailable. Through the program, you have access to in-home care for adult relatives,* anywhere in the U.S.
WHEN TO USE THE SERVICE: SOME EXAMPLES
- Your parents have a regular in-home care provider who is out sick or on vacation.
- Your grandparents live out of state and need care.
- Your parents live with your sister and your sister needs a break.
- Your spouse (or other adult family member) is recovering from an illness or injury and needs assistance.
HOW IT WORKS
- The cost for in-home care is $8 per hour, minimum four hours per day.
- Employees can use up to 30 in-home adult/elder care days per calendar year (4-hour minimum up to a 10-hour daily maximum). For example, if you register for backup in-home adult care for three recipients in the same location on the same day, that day counts as one of your five annual uses per calendar year.
- You can also reserve back up in-home adult care up to 30 days in advance.
It’s strongly recommended that you register for the program in advance. That way the program is immediately available if you find yourself in need of last-minute care. Register by calling or visiting the site or download the Backup Care mobile app. Search “Bright Horizons” or “back-up care” in the App Store or Google Play and download the register and reserve care from your mobile device.
DID YOU KNOW?
Bright Horizons also offers backup day care for your children.