Child Care Centers and In-Home Options
BACK-TO-SCHOOL UPDATE (August 1, 2021): To help families as children head back to school and parents return to the office, the Firm is enhancing our family programs:
- You have 10 extra family support days for a total of 40 days in 2021, which you may use toward backup child care as described below — as well as for tutoring and backup in-home adult care
- Copays will be waived in September and October
- You can now book services 90 days in advance (instead of 30 days) through the end of 2021
Note: Bright Horizons child care centers and in-home caregivers are following enhanced health and safety protocols.
When your regular child care arrangements fall through, take advantage of these programs, managed by Bright Horizons, which give you access to a national network of child care centers and in-home caregivers.
BACKUP CHILD CARE CENTERS
- To arrange for care at a local center in the Bright Horizons network, visit Bright Horizons’ website (login information below) or use the mobile app.
- The cost to you is $20 per day for one child, or $35 per day for two or more children.* The Firm subsidizes this amount.
- You are eligible for up to 30 days of care each year to use (includes child and/or adult care).
- You may reserve a space up to 30 days in advance.
- Most centers accommodate children aged 6 weeks to 12 years. The age range varies by state, so check with the care center you intend to use.
IN-HOME BACKUP CHILD CARE
As an alternative to dropping off your child at a Bright Horizons daycare center when your regular care arrangements fall through, you can arrange for a caregiver to come to your home. Pre-registration required.
- The cost for in-home care is $8 an hour,* with a 4-hour minimum and a 10-hour maximum each day. The Firm subsidizes the cost of care. Note: You can also arrange for a caregiver for an adult.
- If Bright Horizons cannot find an in-home caregiver in its network, you may arrange for “out-of-network” care yourself by a family member, neighbor, friend, regular babysitter, etc. — and be reimbursed $100 a day by Bright Horizons to cover that cost. You are responsible for all other costs associated with care beyond the $100 per diem.
*Note: Employees will see imputed income of $75 per child or adult per day of care on their last paycheck of the calendar year.
* * * * * * * * *
TOP REASONS FOR USING BACKUP CHILD CARE
- You need a break from balancing your work and managing your child’s at-home schooling.
- You have a new child (congratulations!) and need care while you transition back to a normal work schedule.
- Your child’s school or child care center is closed for a break, teacher in-service day or inclement weather.
- Your stay-at-home spouse is called in for jury duty or has an appointment.
- You’re in-between child care arrangements.
- Anytime your regular day care provider is temporarily unavailable.
* * * * * * * * *
It’s important to register in advance so that the program is available if you need last-minute care. Register now using any of the three options below.
- Visit the Bright Horizons website (Employer Username: MorganStanley; Employer Password: Benefits4You).
- Call 833-224-7075 for 24/7 support.
- Download the Back-up Care app. Search for Bright Horizons in the Apple App or Google Play Store.