How It Works
Employees who have completed a qualifying adoption and submit an Adoption Assistance Program Application for Reimbursement within six months following the date the adoption is finalized (and before an employment termination date, if applicable) are eligible to receive a lump-sum payment up to $10,000 per adopted child, regardless of a special needs diagnosis, to pay for certain adoption-related expenses. Reasonable and necessary qualified adoption-related expenses include, but are not limited to:
- Adoption fees
- Attorney fees and court costs
- Travel expenses, including lodging and meals while away from home
For more information, see the Adoption Benefits Summary Plan Description.
DID YOU KNOW?
The Morgan Stanley Legal Assistance Plan covers:
- Up to 20 hours of surrogacy/reproductive assistance
- All legal services and court work related to adoption in a state or federal court for an adoption for the plan member and spouse.
- Offers the addition of four hours of attorney services to medical options A & B at no cost