Can I take a distribution from my HSA for non-health care-related expenses?

If you use HSA money for non-qualified expenses and are under age 65, you’ll be taxed on that money at your income tax rate and assessed an additional penalty. Once you reach age 65, you’ll be taxed on HSA money used for non-qualified expenses, but you won’t pay the additional penalty.

This entry was posted in . Bookmark the permalink.