How to Pay with FSA Funds

Medical Plan Options A and B:

    If you are enrolled in Medical Plan Option A or Option B for medical coverage, there are two ways to pay for eligible out-of-pocket medical expenses from your Health Care FSA administered by UnitedHealthcare (UHC):

    1. If you participate in the Firm’s Medical, Dental or Vision Plans, you may elect automatic reimbursement for your eligible out-of-pocket health care expenses for in-network services. Elect this feature on the Benefit Center website when you make your elections. Note: Automatic reimbursement is not available for out-of-network services, HMSA or Kaiser HMO participants or for expenses relating to your domestic partner.
    2. To submit expenses for out-of-network services, complete an FSA Claim Form (available on the Benefit Center website) and attach an itemized bill or receipt, or the Explanation of Benefits from your medical, dental or vision Plan administrator.

Health Care Flexible Spending Account: Rollover of up to $550

If you participate in the Health Care FSA, IRS regulations permit the forfeiture of any unused funds remaining in the account at the end of the Plan year. However, a maximum of $550 of your remaining health care FSA funds may automatically roll over into your account for the next plan year. The balance up to $550 will automatically roll over into your Health Care FSA for 2022 assuming you make an active election to participate in a Health Care FSA and do not enroll in Medical Plan Option C for coverage.

You have until April 30 of the following year to request reimbursement for eligible expenses incurred during the current plan year.

This entry was posted in . Bookmark the permalink.